5 Must-Have Tools For Your Home BarJanuary 5th, 2021
If you’d like to build a custom bar in your Bucks County home, you most likely already have ideas on which mixers and liquors you’ll keep in stock. But do you know which tools you need to craft those perfectly made cocktails at home? Though liquors and spirits are important, having the right tools on-hand can enhance your bartending skills. Here are five essential ones that you need for your custom home bar.
- Jiggers. A jigger is a small measuring tool that allows you to properly portion liquor for beverages. Jiggers come in a wide variety of sizes, but you really only need two to make most drinks: a 1 oz. x 2 oz. and a 1/2 oz. x 3/4 oz.
- Cocktail strainer. This metal bar accessory is used to remove ice from a mixed drink as it is poured into a serving glass. You can find affordable cocktail strainers both online and at most local liquor outlets.
- Bar spoon. A bar spoon is no ordinary culinary spoon — it’s a long-handled stirrer with a hammer at the end to effectively mix drinks in tall highball glasses.
- Muddler. A muddler is a small tool that allows you to smash fruits and herbs into your drinks before pouring them. Most expert bartenders recommend opting for a muddler instead of crushing ingredients with a standard spoon because a muddler gives you more control over how much juice is released.
- Shaker tin. A shaker tin is an inexpensive item used to mix cocktails. Use it in conjunction with your strainer and a pint glass for professional-grade beverages at home!
Dreaming of adding your own home bar to your property? Munz Construction creates artistic custom built bars in Bucks County, PA that can complement the look and feel of any home. Give our team a call today at 215-660-3802 to learn more and get started!